Rural innovation and growth
FedDev Ontario is dedicating $100 million, from its three funding streams, for projects in rural southern Ontario.
Driving innovation and growth:
- To continue driving innovation and growth in the region, FedDev Ontario has been provided over $1 billion in new funding.
FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Innovative and globally-oriented businesses seeking to accelerate their growth.
- High-potential firms (including accelerator graduates) that are commercializing innovative products, technologies and processes.
- Firms with scale-up potential looking to improve productivity through the adaptation/adoption of highly innovative, first-of-its-kind technologies with the goal of global competitiveness and market expansion.
- Entrepreneurs and businesses in rural areas looking to grow, commercialize and improve productivity.
Applications can be submitted for:
- No-interest, repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project.
Funding is available to:
- Assist high-growth firms to scale up and expand.
- Support technology demonstration and the commercialization of new technologies.
- Encourage the early adoption or adaptation of leading-edge technologies and processes to improve productivity.
- Increase businesses’ capacity to grow through market diversification and entry into global markets.
- Foster innovation, technology adoption and digital connectivity in rural areas.
Examples of project activities include:
- Leveraging risk capital to accelerate the commercialization of products and services geared towards market diversification and growth.
- Automating and digitizing processes, and related skills development, to improve productivity and increase business capacity and competitiveness.
- Get inspired by reading some of our success stories.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit at the top of this page.
Not the stream for you?
- See what other FedDev Ontario support is available. Review more funding opportunities or visit our business services page.