Rural innovation and growth
FedDev Ontario is dedicating $100 million, from its three funding streams, for projects in rural southern Ontario.
Driving innovation and growth:
- To continue driving innovation and growth in the region, FedDev Ontario has been provided over $1 billion in new funding.
FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Businesses or not-for-profit organizations in small communities who are working to develop, diversify and transform their local economies.
- Rural partners to help address the unique economic conditions in small towns and rural communities.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Non-repayable contributions from $250,000 up to $5 million per project for not-for-profit organizations.
- No interest, repayable contributions from $250,000 up to $5 million per project for incorporated businesses, including Indigenous businesses.
Funding is available to:
- Enhance business attraction, investment, retention and employment opportunities in southern Ontario communities.
- Develop and expand collaborative efforts that strengthen regional competitiveness.
- Support regional businesses, hubs and communities with the goal of economic diversification, integration and transformation.
Examples of projects include:
- Creating financing opportunities to reduce risk and enable businesses to make investments in innovative technologies.
- Integrating local businesses into national or global supply chains.
- Get inspired by reading some of our success stories.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit at the top of this page.
Not the stream for you?
- See what other FedDev Ontario support is available. Review more funding opportunities or visit our business services page.