4. How projects are assessed
Projects are assessed based on the information provided by an applicant. Although FedDev Ontario may engage applicants directly on outstanding questions or issues, applicants are advised to submit a complete and thorough application.
Complete applications are reviewed and assessed based on multiple criteria, including:
- alignment with intake priorities
- expected results of the project
- quality of the project plan and budget, including feasibility, appropriateness, capacity to undertake the project, risk (financial, commercial, technical), and mitigation strategies
- degree to which the project supports new or expanded initiatives for your organization (i.e., incrementality of the project)
- sustainability of your organization and project beyond project completion
- financial resources from project partners
In addition to the quality of your application, FedDev Ontario reserves the right to base funding decisions on the breadth, representation and diversity of its projects.
Applicants will also be assessed for their compliance with applicable legislation and regulatory requirements before funding can be offered. Refer to the Application Guide for more details.